Monday, May 2, 2016

Masterminds


I read the book Masterminds by Gordon Korman. It is about a girl named Eli on an unforgettable adventure to escape her town Serenity, New Mexico after she and her friends find out they have been watched and trapped in their town their whole lives. They also learn their true Identity. Eli is very brave because she wants to break out of her town even though she is only 11. She does not know much about the world because the whole town has lied to her and her friends.

When Eli goes on an adventure with her friend, Randy, to explore an old famous car not too far outside their hometown. Then Eli finds herself sick and once she has recovered she finds out that her best friend Randy is leaving. While Randy is in the car heading to “his grandparents” he says to Eli very strictly, “I will write to you!” Eli has an idea. Eli and her friend Tori find a note Randy left Eli and tell Malik, they all decide to break into the so called Plastics Factory through the roof. Once inside they find out they have been watched and lied to their whole lives. They discover that they are not who they think they are. When it is time to break out of their town they decide to try to get on a train to make it to Colorado to Randy’s boarding school because their car blew up and they lost one of their friends.

I loved this book. I would recommend this to anyone who likes adventure and mystery. This book is full of action and keeps you on the edge of your seat! Personally, I really want to read the second book because this one ended on a huge cliff hanger!

By Alanna B.


Thanks for a great review Alanna! I truly cannot wait to read this book! I found a book trailer for the second novel and I can see what Alanna was talking about. The suspense is UNREAL!


Masterminds, Gordon Korman
AR level: 5.2

12 comments:

  1. You did a very good job on this review. I like how you said that they learn there true identity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job I liked how you included the detail about what they were going to do instead of just typing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It sounds really intresting! I'll make sure to pick it up at the bookstore next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like a good book from your book review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alanna Brady your book sounds amazing and I would love to read this book.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witch MASTER MIND book did you like 1st or 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how u gave alot of detail but didn't spoil the book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Alanna! Great review. Which book did you like more: Masterminds or MasterMinds: Crimninal Destiny?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like mystery books so I might consider reading this. I love how you explained that they have been lied to their ENTIRE lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you talk about the little details and plot twists that add lots of meaning to this book review

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really like your book review because i love master minds to

    ReplyDelete