Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Penultimate Peril

The book I read was The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket. The main characters are Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire. Violet is very smart. She is an excellent inventor and her inventions are very helpful. Klaus is also very smart. He has most likely read every book there is. Reading is very helpful for the Baudelaires. If anything bad will happen he will know what to do! Sunny has just grown out of her “ babyhood” so she hasn’t really done anything right now, but she is an excellent cook. 

In this book, the Baudelaires are sent to a hotel in a taxi cab by a girl, Kit Snicket. She had these uniforms for them to dress up in. Their job was to find either Frank or Ernest, either a volunteer or a villain. Unfortunately they did not find out who was who. The children also got accused for killing a man, Dewey Denouement. Of course they would not kill anyone, but Count Olaf would. Now the children are on a boat with Count Olaf, having no idea where they are going to end up.

This book was very good. If you read this book, interesting things happen that you probably would NOT ever imagine would happen. Sunny especially did something that was crazy but not crazy at the same time. Can you guess what she did?

By Norah T.

The Penultimate Peril, Lemony Snicket
AR level: 7.4
AR points: 7

9 comments:

  1. Nice book review. I liked how you included all of those details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good and I really like that Klaus is such a book nerd, and Violet is an inventor they go hand in hand.But, is Kit Snicket is she married to Lemony Snicket or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review I liked how you said there is things that you won't expect whats going to happen. It puts me in so much suspense

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw in the passage sunny was crazy and is he funny alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think sunny did something to help save them maybe he killed Olaf so that his siblings don't die

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your book review!!!! I liked how you added that things happend that you will not ever think of. I can't even imagine what sunny did and now I am thinking I want to read the series even faster to get to the answer. Over all I LOVED how much effort you put into this writing. Amazing job Norah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The review was great, you included so much about the characters Klaus, Violet, and Sunny. Now I know that Violet likes to invent things to help them and Klaus likes to read so he can help them get out of situations if they are in trouble. Sunny, I think he smashed someones head with a pan to save Klaus and Violet from bad guys since Sunny is a chef.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series! Though it can be depressing, it can also be funny. Stacia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did a good job on your book review Logan S

    ReplyDelete