Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Five Epic DIsasters

I finished the book I Survived True Stories, by Lauren Tarshis . One of the stories in this book is about a tsunami that happens in Japan. Lots of buildings, roads and many homes are washed away. In one of the sections, the tsunami washed a boat onto a building.  The main characters, Kamaishi, Kana and Fumiya have to evacuate their school and go on top of a car garage. Kamaishi is very smart and gives others ideas to help out during this tsunami.  

In this section many families die and many people died because of the tsunami. Also in this section an earthquake happens right before the tsunami. It was the biggest earthquake to hit the country since 1933. Also, fires even started while the water flowed through the streets and city.


I think that this book was very great. This book was filled with action and gave a very good description too of what happened during these true events. I recommend this book to anyone who would like My Side Of The Mountain. Both books are filled with action and survival. For example it says that some of the waves were 133 feet high.
                    
Will they make it out alive or die in the lurking waters


By: Ethan H.

I Survived True Stories: Five Epic Disasters, Lauren Tarshis
AR level: 6.3 
AR points: 2

6 comments:

  1. This is a great book review i like how you gave some detail but not to many.You also described how the disasters came in order. Also throughout your book review you made the book sound exciting and action packed you made me want to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull review! I really like how you added in some details to describe the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I like how you separated all of the disasters. Did you like the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tsunami part makes me want to read it but i can't swim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that survive book with all the i survives book.Did you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review Ethan I like how you included the details about the tsunami like how it was 133 feet tall and the largest earthquake hit Japan before it. I wish you would have included details about how Kamaishi was helping out others though. I think they will survive the tsunami.

    ReplyDelete