Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

The book I read was Me And Earl And The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The book is about a kid named Greg Gaines, and how he doesn't want to be part of any groups at high school, and doesn't want any friends, so everyone likes him. He is a fat, introverted kid who wants nothing to do with anyone or any group.


Until his old girlfriend Rachel gets diagnosed with leukemia.






*FlashBack Mode*  int. Greg’s House- Afternoon *note- Greg is dating Rachel in the flashback*  - Greg informs Rachel he just wanted to be friends - (The following is Greg - Rachel’s phone Conversation)

Rachel “that’s fine.”
Greg “great”
Rachel “Wanna come over?”
Greg “Uh, can’t.  My foot’s stuck in a toaster.”
Rachel “Seriously, do you want to come over?”
Greg “I have to sort out this toaster thing first.”
                        *Greg Hangs Up*(Greg breaks up with Rachel soon after)

*Out Of Flashback. Back to Summary*

Greg has a friend named Earl. Greg and Earl are not just friends, they are Co-Workers.
Greg and Earl make remakes of films. Four years after the “breakup” Rachel gets diagnosed with leukemia. Greg’s mom forces him to hang out with her. They build a small friendship. Then Earl shows Rachel the films he promised no one would see.

The book was brilliant! However, I would not recommend it to everyone because of it’s mature content. The book was great!!!

By Emma M.


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Jesse Andrews
AR level: 5.2
AR points: 8

14 comments:

  1. Nice job with your review you put the text where he doesn't want to come over then shortly after he breaks up with her. I like the idea that you put the place and what happened. Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I like the flashback saying how they broke up. Did Greg actually get his foot stuck in a toaster? Your book sounds amazing and I really really want to read it! I think it is my favorite book review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love how you added the phone coversation and the flash back. Did Rachel and Greg get back together? Also after that four years were greg and Earl still co-workers? Now I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lena I thought the flashback to but, there's one thing I don't understand out of all of the excuses Greg could have said why did he say, "My foot's stuck in a toaster"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, I liked how you did the flashback to help the reader understand Greg and Rachel past together and that makes the other pieces fit together.I do agree with Vinny out of all the excuses Greg could have said why "My foot's stuck in a toaster"? WAIT DID GREG'S FOOT REALLY GET STUCK IN THE TOASTER? AND IF SO WAS THE TOASTER ON? DID GREG'S FOOT FELL OFF! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the conversation like that, this book seems really interesting to me. I like how he said his foot was stuck in a toaster for an excuse not to go. I really want to know if they get back together now. I might consider reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your book review! I like how you explained how Greg and Rachel broke up! The phone conversation is really funny!! Greg's foot is stuck in a toaster!!! Thats hilarious!!! This book sounds funny and sarcastic. I like the concept of a book that is not sad and is about a dying girl. Why is Earl considered his Co-Worker and not his friends?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great book reveiw! I like how you went into the flash back. I also like how Greg said his foot got stuck in a toaster. Also I like how creative you are. I like how you recomended it but you still said its not really for younger veiwers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you added the flashback, it gave the paragraph pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool.That book sounds interesting and kind of fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your book review it was hilarious�� I loved the part ware Greg’s foot got stuck in in the toaster
    Grate book good job����

    ReplyDelete
  12. §I love your book report it was hilarious I love the part ware Greg gets his hand stuck in the toaster! - BRODY§

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this book review because the flashbacks help tell the story a lot. This book review was never boring which made me want to read the whole book review and the book even more. I also like how you included the text messages because it sows Rachel's and Greg's past. I also like how Emma included the description of Greg because it tells us more about the story and we can now know why he doesn't want to be in any social groups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this last comment was from K
    ali

    ReplyDelete