Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Prophet of Yonwood



The Prophet of Yonwood is the third book in the City of Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau. I really liked it and it was with new characters named Nickie and Crystal. It was not my favorite Ember book, but it has some good information. I did not get the reason it was part of the series because it did not even have Lina and Doon in the book at all.

I chose this book because it was my most recent book I read and it was really good. The story was about a girl named Nickie and her Aunt Crystal. They go to North Carolina to her grandfather’s house because died. Nickie had three goals she wanted to achieve before she left North Carolina. The three goals were: 1.  Keep Greenhaven (the town her grandfather lived) 2. Fall in love and 3. Help the world.

I would recommend this book to others because if you liked The City of Ember that we read last year and you read The People of Sparks, then you would like it. At the end of the book Nickie does not accomplish all three goals though but she meets some really nice people. Read The Prophet of Yonwood to find out about what happens and what goals/goal she did accomplish.

- Leah M. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Leah. I liked your review. That book seems very interesting, since I read the first book. I hope to read the second and third book also since I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you that lina and doon should have been in the book becuase it is in the seires

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little confused why Doon and Lina aren't in the book,but I could be missing something that happened in the earlier books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your book review it was really good. I agree also that Lena and Doon should have ben in the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to read the book guys! Trust me, it's worth it! There is a family connection between Lena and Doon and the characters in this book. Prophet of Yonwood also helps to explain what happened to the world that caused Ember to be built. Think of it as a backstory (cue Doofenshmirtz "Backstory Time")
    I can't say more or I'll give away too much!

    ReplyDelete