Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Choose Your Own Adventure - Mystery of the Maya

I read “Choose Your Own Adventure - Mystery of the Maya” by Richard Anderson. It is a choose your own adventure book so you get to choose what happens and how the story ends. You also get to be the main character in the story. In the book your character is curious about the Mayan civilization so you go on a tour in Mexico. You meet Manuel, who will be your guide because of his Mayan heritage. He said,’’We can explore the ruins or go to Dr.Lopez, the authority of the Maya civilization.’’ You choose to explore the ruins. When you get there you see lots of people exploring what looks like a shattered pyramid. You ask what they were doing and Manuel said,”They are looking for artifacts and documents of life and culture.’’A man and women ask if you would like to help look for artifacts or look around and see what they found so far. You want to help look for artifacts so the man brings you to the site where they were looking to grab a duster and start to look.You were looking for two hours when you found a strange gem. You start to walk over to the man when you you realize you haven’t see Manuel ever since you started your search. You thought you should show the gem to the man, but you’re worried about Manuel. You chose to give the gem to the man and he says you have made the discovery of a lifetime! He pays you ten thousand dollars as reward and you go home tired and exhausted. It was the greatest day of your life and you wish you could do it again.

I thought the book was very detailed and realistic.The mystery and adventure of exploring ancient ruins was very interesting. I love choose your own adventure books because I love the concept of being able to decide how the story ends. I thought it was brilliant for the author to come up with that idea! All and all, choose your own adventure books are a great series and I would recommend it to anyone because you’ll have a good time reading it from beginning to end.

- Vinny A.


11 comments:

  1. I LOVE choose your own adventure books! I used to read them all the time when I was a kid. The best part of it all is that you can read the book over and over again and (as long as you make different choices) end up with a different story each time! Thanks for sharing this Vinny! I hope your review helps others discover just how awesome these books are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love choose your own aventure books to! I might read that book because of your description

      Delete
  2. Great job I might read that book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your book review! I like how you can choose the ending of the book. I like how you are also the main character in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review can you like go back and see what happens every time. I would love to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can go back and see what happens every time.

      Delete
  5. same with me i might read it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice report Vinny did you like the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my option the book had some weird turn outs but I picked the one I liked the most.

      Delete
  7. It sounds really good, from a scale from 1-10 how was it?

    ReplyDelete