Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Smile

I read Smile. The author is Raina Telgemeier and this story is about her. She is the main character. It’s about her life and how she hates braces. She was running and her friend tripped her. She fell on her face and lost her front 2 teeth. One fell out and one got shoved up her gum. She had to get braces once the one that fell out came down. But the one that was shoved up her gum still had to come down so they put braces on but that didn’t really help. So they had to knock her out and pull the tooth out. The pictures that are showing this event look painful. When they are done, they just put in fake teeth. Her sister was mean and called her a "braceface". That’s so rude!!!! Finally, somehow, she got her teeth back. Overall I think this was an amazing book and would highly suggest it to other people!! Smile is a #1 New York Times Bestseller. Telgemeier wrote this book for her husband Dave. I love this book!!

- Caitlin M.


7 comments:

  1. i really liked how you put who she made it for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED your book review. It really is a good book. Even I would recommend it to a friend. I honestly don't know how she got her teeth back either. I think that is amazing that she got her teeth back. Your book review is my favorite. It is even better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwe thank you so much sedona and sadie

    ReplyDelete