Monday, November 30, 2015

Cupcake Diaries: The Cupcake Cure

I read The Cupcake Diaries: The Cupcake Cure by Coco Simon. Katie Brown just entered middle school. Katie’s best friend Callie ditched her for the PGC (Popular Girls Club). Mean girls Maggie and Sydney make fun of the Cupcake Club and are mean to her in gym. Callie met them at summer camp and doesn't hang out with Katie anymore. Katie met some new friends named Mia, Emma, and Alexis. Mia moved there from Manhattan. Katie, Alexis, Emma, and Mia all take turns bringing in cupcakes for Cupcake Friday. Katie had a cupcake baking session because Mia, Emma, and Alexis don’t have much baking experience. Katie thinks the Cupcake Club made her middle school experience way easier. She thought her locker was an evil robot because she had to try to open it like three times before it opened, and after the Cupcake Club was created she opened her locker on the first try. Plus all of her classes got way easier, even math.



- Sadie W.


3 comments:

  1. I love cupcakes and that book seems to be all about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't like cupcakes but now I really want to read it!!!
    Your review is making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that description I want to read it

    ReplyDelete